At LES PIEDS NUS PTY LTD ABN 34 603 011 249 trading as LE DD AUSTRALIA your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
- what kind of personal information we may gather about you;
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information;
- whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; and
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure
Collection of Information
The types of information that LE DD AUSTRALIA collects from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you.
The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in LE DD AUSTRALIA’s being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service. We will make you aware of the purpose for which we collect the personal information and, where possible, the consequences of not providing it at the time of collection.
- If you request products or services from us, we may collect information such as your name and contact details (ie billing and/or postal address, phone number(s) or email address), and/or credit card details.
- If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details
We may also collect information about visitors to our website. For example, we may collect:
- statistical information about the number of visitors to the website and the date, time and duration of visits;
- the name of the domain/URL from which you access our website;
- the internet protocol address
However, we do not collect information about the identity of the visitors unless they voluntarily provide that information.
Method of Collection
This personal information will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
LE DD AUSTRALIA collects your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via our website or our Facebook page and Instagram account, via forms or correspondence (ie by mail or email), over the phone or in person.
LE DD AUSTRALIA may also collect personal information through our related bodies corporate and our third party service providers (such as data relating to survey responses) so that we may provide a better or more relevant product to you.
Use of Personal Information
LE DD AUSTRALIA will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect.
LE DD AUSTRALIA will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
Generally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing the products and/or services you have requested from LE DD AUSTRALIA
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our website or Facebook page;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions;
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes
LE DD AUSTRALIA will only use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing activities where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where we have collected the information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
LE DD AUSTRALIA will provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving marketing materials at the time of collection and/or at any time afterwards by either unsubscribing from the email service or contacting us at email@example.com
Use of Anonymous Information
LE DD AUSTRALIA gathers anonymous information to:
- monitor the use of our website;
- help us make improvements to the website; and
- offer relevant information and services to as many users as possible
There will be occasions when it will be necessary for LE DD AUSTRALIA to disclose your personal information to third parties.
LE DD AUSTRALIA may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors and third party service providers on a confidential basis that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of the product or service. This includes organisations such as marketing agencies, data processing companies, printing and mailing, delivery companies, data storage companies (which may use cloud computing storage systems which have the potential to make your personal information accessible by overseas entities) or finance agencies or debt collection agencies;
- other members of LE DD AUSTRALIA's corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent if those entities are not related bodies corporate of LE DD AUSTRALIA);
- government authorities or other third parties as required by law; or any other purpose that you have consented to.
No Sale of Personal Information
Under no circumstances will LE DD AUSTRALIA sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
The security of your information is important to us. LE DD AUSTRALIA operates secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. LE DD AUSTRALIA has implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorised access.
Only authorised LE DD AUSTRALIA personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. Reasonable steps are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. You should however be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Data Quality, Access and Correction
If you are a subscriber to one of our online services or products or loyalty programs, you may access your personal information by accessing your subscriber/account details via the relevant facility on our website.
Otherwise, you may at any time, request access to personal information that LE DD AUSTRALIA holds about you by making a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will endeavour to process any requests for access to personal information within a reasonable period of time. Where possible, we will provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested, or providing you with a summary of the information held. If we need to deny your request for access we will let you know why and inform you how you may lodge a complaint regarding this decision. Generally this will only be in cases where providing access would be unlawful or is subject to a potential legal claim or proceeding.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to the service being provided.
If you are a subscriber to one of our online services or products, you may change your personal information by accessing your subscriber/account details via the relevant facility on our website.
Otherwise, if you discover or suspect that there is an error or information is missing, please forward your request at email@example.com. We will consider your request and as soon as practicable manage the correction of your personal information and will update you in writing. If your correction request is refused, we will provide you within a reasonable period of time the reasons for such refusal and inform you of the complaint process (see below).
Complaints about Privacy and our Complaint Handling Procedure
If you have any complaints relating to the management of your personal information or if you believe there has been a breach of the APPs by LE DD AUSTRALIA, please forward your complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will consider the complaint and advise you of the decision in writing within a reasonable time from receipt of the complaint.
If we decides that there has been a breach of the APPs, we will endeavour to ensure that the breach is rectified within 30 days from the date of the decision and will update you in writing.
If you are still not satisfied after lodging a complaint with us and giving us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
Phone: 1300 363 992 (local call cost, but calls from mobile and pay phones may incur higher charges).
If calling from overseas (including Norfolk Island): +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: 1800 620 241 (this number is dedicated to the hearing impaired only, no voice calls.)
TIS: Translating and Interpreting Service: 131 450 (If you don’t speak English or English is your second language and you need assistance and ask for the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Post: GPO Box 2999 Canberra ACT 2601
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666